Saturday, August 7, 2010

Swap Share for Convention 2010

Every year, the highlight of my summer would be my trip to Salt Lake City for a Stampin' Up! Convention. Its a stamper's heaven: seminars on different products and presentations, make and takes, and overflowing of ideas.

One of the many fun things at Convention is swaps. Picture little boys trading baseball cards, but only its demonstrators sharing their creative cards and 10x more fun!

This is one of my cards that I made.



TIP: I used a technique that I like to call "masking with embossing folders". Wow, that's a long name! But the idea is to put chipboard shims in desired shapes (I chose rectangle) and put them on the places you'd like to see the embossed images and the other areas will not get embossed. I've completed a similar project, look here.


{Project Details}
Stamp: Elements of Style
Ink: Baja Breeze Classic Ink Pad; Baja Breeze, Basic Black, and Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Markers.
Paper: Baja Breeze, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla Card Stock.
Accessories: Boho Blossoms, Large Oval, Scallop Oval, and Wide Oval Punches; Big Shot; Perfect Polka Dot and Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder Embossing Dies; White Gel Pen; Basic Pearl Jewels.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.