Sunday, May 3, 2009

Welcome Little Cutie

I have finally gotten around to this past Monday's Sketch challenge. Mojo 84 is the card that I will be giving to my husband's colleague who just had a baby boy! First babies are so special, aren't they? So small and so new, you just don't know what to do with all the excitement. That is how I feel about this card. I just wish I could squeeze it . . . so cute!


I love the artwork from the "Animal Crackers" stamp set (113395). I also love the versatility of the stamp set. It comes with short phrases with each character but I omitted the verse that comes with this birdie. By using a Chocolate Chip Stampin' Up Marker and coloring on the little bird image, I was able to stamp only the image that I wanted onto my Whisper White card stock. Then, I used phrases from the "Nursery Necessities" stamp set (113506). 



Using the small floral buttons from the Button Bouquet, I adorned the sides of my focus trying to tie in with the Kiwi Kiss background. Colored in the birdie with "Barely Banana" Stampin' Up! Marker and went over the edges for a more highlighted image. The beak was colored in using "Apricot Appeal" Stampin' Up! Marker.


Unfortunately, you can't tell in this picture very well that the brown with white polka dots is a textured paper. I have been playing around with the Big Shot and the Texturz Plates. I saw a great idea from Patty Bennett. Please click on her name for a link to her blog. I decided to show you a few pictures on how to achieve the look on on the plain side of "Chocolate Chip" designer series paper. 


Using the small polka dot Texturz pattern and my handy, dandy Big Shot, I ran my "Chocolate Chip" Designer Series Paper through to get this embossed look. (TIP: Use an extra cardstock underneath the texturz plate as a shim to get a deeper embossed look.)


Then, you can sand the raised image with the sanding block to highlight the embossed pattern.
(TIP: Using a plain paper helps the sanded image pop and a light touch is all you need.)


Finally, I punched out a scallop circle to place my extra sentiment on. Hope you'll become a fan of the Texturz Plates like I have!





1 comment :

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.