Sunday, May 10, 2009

Oval All Stationery Set



I was lucky enough to have my mother (from Georgia) accompanied by my aunt (visiting from Korea) to come and visit with me here in sunny California. As a parting gift, I wanted to send them home with a card set of my own creation.  I started with a Whisper White card stock. Then stamped the "Baroque Background" onto the card stock with Baja Breeze Classic Ink Pad. (TIP: to get a better inked coverage of your stamp, rub the rubber stamp with a sanding block.) In this case, I don't mind the splotchiness of the background. It adds a little extra to the "vintage" feel of the card. I cut two 1/8" x 4.25" strips of Basic Gray card stock and adhered them towards the bottom of the card. Using the "Oval All" stamp set (113790-Occasions Mini Catalog), I stamped each rubber stamp onto the extra pieces of Whisper White card stock  ("Just for You" not shown). Punched those images with the large oval punch and layered onto a scallop oval punched Basic Gray card stock using Stampin' Dimensionals. For added depth, I layered the Basic Gray scalloped oval onto the card using Stampin' Dimensionals as well. 



For this stamp, I stamped the butterfly image with Basic Gray Classic Ink onto another Whisper White card stock. Once I was finished coloring the butterfly, I cut it out and layered it using mini glue dots. But I felt like it needed something more, so I added my favorite dazzling diamond glitter. 


For this image, I stamped the flower twice with Basic Gray Classic Ink onto another Whisper White card stock and water colored the whole flower. The second flower, I only colored the center of the flower. Trimmed the main flower and layered onto the large oval with mini glue dots. Finally, I trimmed the center of the second flower and adhered to the center of the large flower now layered onto the large oval.


"Best Wishes" was inked with Baja Breeze Classic Ink. Then, I colored the words directly on the rubber stamp with a Basic Black Stampin' Up! marker and stamped onto the card stock.

I think these came out beautifully and it was easy to do! 





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.