Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tea Party Anyone?


I love tea parties but can never find the right hat to wear. But I did, however, make the perfect hat for an invite. I didn't use any stamps or ink with this card but I think it came out beautifully. 






Using this Raspberry Suite color challenge, I cut out a hat template out of Whisper White card stock and layered Chocolate Chip Patterns DSP. I then wrapped the card to accentuate the rim of the cloche with Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon. For the accent and focal point of this hat, I made a flower using Cameo Coral and Sage Shadow card stock. 


My inspiration for this flower came from Dawn McVey's sample here. I tore different sizes (circular shaped) of card stock, crumpled them, and then curled the edges inward. After layering each piece onto each other, I placed the clear rhinestones in the center, which also helped to keep the layers together without the need for adhesive. Attached the flower onto the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and voila! 

A simple yet elegant invitation for a very special tea party! 

Here is another picture with my downline, Elisa's, version using "Botanical Blooms" from Sale-A-Bration. Isn't it beautiful?! 


Thanks for looking.

2 comments :

  1. this is such a cute card! I love the hat template and the colors go so well together. I'm going to try the flowers-great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.