Friday, May 8, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge



I love participating in different "challenges".  It helps me get out of my comfort zone and continually motivates me to try other things. Today's card is in response to Raspberry Suite Color Challenge.  I decided to use the colors for my friend's birthday card. She's not your average girl so I tried to come up with a card to fit her -- something out of the ordinary, modern, clean, simple, and pleasing. The out of the ordinary came to be the dandelion image. Instead of the traditional cupcake or cake with candles, the dandelion fits the concept of making a wish. I also love that the dandelion is made with tiny hearts. It to me represents wishes of happiness and love. 



I also wanted to add something extra to the interior of the card to make it just as special as the exterior. Using a scallop edge punch, I trimmed the edges of the Whisper White card stock and stamped the simple yet bold verse: "Make a Wish". Its a special card for a special friend.


(inside of card)

Additional information: "A Happy Heart", "Park Avenue Patterns"; and "Big Bold Birthday" stamp sets;  Basic Gray, Whisper White, Regal Rose, and Rose Red card stock; Basic Gray Patterns Designer Series Paper (Hostess Level 1); Basic Gray Classic Ink Pad; Versamark Pad; Silver Embossin' Powder; Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon; Scallop Edge and 1  3/8" Square Punch.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.