Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Thanks A Latte


I've only gotten acquainted with Kristina Werner's blog not too long ago. I not only enjoy the color challenges each week, but I love the pictures she uses for the inspiration. (She's a graphic designer... can you tell?).  



Here is my card using those colors and Mojo Monday Week 85 Sketch!


I think the colors and using "Sip by Sip" stamp set (113403) gives it a modern/retro twist. I love how the "thanks a latte" background turned out. Using the stamping with markers technique, I colored in only the words that I wanted with a Chocolate Chip marker. I then stamped this verse repeatedly over the entire Whisper White card stock. (TIP: to get perfect alignment, use Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.) Using a Rose Red marker, I colored the bubble to accentuate the verse, trimmed it, and added to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.  This was fun and can't wait to give it to a friend along with a starbucks gift card.  Wouldn't that be a perfect match? 

"Thanks a latte" for looking.


Additional Supplies: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Rose Red, and Whisper White card stock; the big shot, texturz plates; scallop punch; and chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon.

4 comments :

  1. I adore that retro stamp too & it is a brilliant idea to accompany a starbucks gift. Thanks for sharing the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the stamp of the woman in the armchair, although the image is small so it's hard to see the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Love the retro feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Love that stamp and the colors you used. Thansk for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.