Friday, May 1, 2009

Tip *Top Note* worthy Purse & Card




Its another special event for Mother's Day at the Ronald McDonald House. And as always, I got a little help from my friends to make a Top Note purse (which will hold a mini manicure gift set) for the mothers. The original idea of the top note purse came from Becky Roberts, please click on her name to see her blog for directions and many other wonderful ideas she has. Our group changed the dimensions to fit our purpose but as you can see, its GORGEOUS! I love the weight and texture of the new Parisian Breeze Specialty Designer Series Paper. And once again, I used my handy dandy Big Shot machine, Top Note Die, and the Scallop Circle Die. There is so much you can do with the Big Shot machine! 

To accompany the gift, we made these Mother's Day Cards. I've seen similar ideas for making the dress but you can read Patty Bennett's directions on how to make this dress from the BIGZ Scallop Circle #2 Die. I couldn't resist making one of my own. I then stamped a Happy Mother's Day greeting from the "All Holidays" stamp set (114916) to the inside of the card. It was quick, easy, and turned out beautiful! The simplicity of it makes this so versatile. You can make it more elegent or casual by the accents you add. Try one of your own and have fun!


Thank you to Jag, Nida, and Julie for helping me make these beautiful gifts!

Additional info. :  chocolate chip, baja breeze, riding hood red, and whisper white cardstock; very vanilla hodgepodge hardware (antiqued by using chocolate chip craft ink); kiwi kiss/very vanilla  satin ribbon, riding hood red taffeta ribbon, and chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon; circle scissors plus, jumbo eyelets, crop-a-dile. and velcro dots* (not  SU!). 


1 comment :

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.