Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blooming Dress



This past weekend, I was invited to a bridal shower honoring one of my cousins. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend so I wanted to make her a special card and send her my very best wishes. Although I love the current sets available for making a bridal shower card, I wanted to use an old Hostess Set ("Blooming with Happiness") that I had. 



I love the details of this dress. Using a blender pen and a water color crayon, I filled in the stamped image. I wanted to bring more of the flower details in the dress out by adding more dimension; therefore, I stamped the dress image twice on another Whisper White cardstock and water colored just the bottoms of the dress. Trimmed the whole bottom of the dress and attached to the existing stamped dress with stampin' dimensionals. But that wasn't enough for me! I used the second image and cut out individual flowers to glue to the dress.




(This picture gives you a better close up.)

When I was finished, I added my favorite Dazzling Diamond glitter to the whole dress. I love the Dazzling Diamond glitter because it gives it just the right amount of sparkle and makes everything you put it on . . . magical!

(Additional products used: "heard from the heart" stamp set; chocolate chip classic ink pad; chocolate chip and pink pirouette card stock, pink pirouette ribbon)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.