Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rockabilly Specialty Thank You Card



My brain has been working on trying to come up with different ideas for BBQ party favors so the color scheme I have had on my mind is the classic of Red, White, and Black.  I also love the cherry print from Rockabilly Specialty Designer Series Paper; therefore, I wanted to use that in this card sketch, which works perfectly with my color scheme.




I used Loop to Loop rub-ons from the Hostess Level 3 set (Hand Drawn Bundle) as my sentiment on the scalloped punched trim. Then, I used my favorite die machine, the Big Shot by Sizzix, and the Scallop Envelope Die for my focus. I folded the flap backwards to leave a "pocket" for the additional surprise note.
 


Can't leave a card without some sparkle so I added a gemstone (sorry not Stampin' Up!) to make it look like a clutch. Added a jumbo eyelet and threaded Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon through  for my accent and pull for the surprise note. I had fun with the MOJO 83 sketch challenge. 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.