Tuesday, December 21, 2010

4 Days 'til Christmas

Holidays bring lots of parties and Christmas is one of the busiest and most fun for our family.

When I first saw the Candy Countdown Calendar Kit in our Holiday Mini catalog,


I needed to have it. I made up the boxes and was ready to put it up just as is. But then, I decided to use the different components separately for my various projects. The rope for my thankful banner, the clothes pin for my card holder, and the boxes will be used for our party favors.



The party favors contain homemade "toffee" bars, a recipe I learned from a friend of mine. (And I know she wouldn't mind me sharing them here.)

"Toffee" Bar Recipe:

Ingredients:
  • Saltine crackers
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 stick butter
  • 12 oz chocolate chips
  • Chopped nuts (optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
  2. On a cookie sheet, arrange saltines in single layer (salt side down) on parchment paper.
  3. Combine the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan and stir until mixture thickens and starts to boil. (Make sure that the sugar and butter are totally combined.)
  4. Pour the mixture over the saltines and spread out evenly.
  5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until bubbly & golden brown.
  6. Pull out of the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the crackers.
  7. Let it sit for a few minutes until it melts and smooth out the chocolate over the crackers. (I usually put it back into the oven just for a little bit to help speed up the process.)
  8. Sprinkle nuts on top of chocolate.
  9. Freeze or refrigerate for a couple of hours until completely cooled and hard. Then, break into pieces.

{Project Recipe}
Stamp: Tags 'Til Christmas (120847-W/121169-C)
Ink: Early Espresso and Real Red Classic Ink Pads.
Paper: Garden Green, Whisper White, and Wild Wasabi Card Stock; Candy Cane Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper.
Accessories: Candy Calendar Countdown Kit; 1/2" Circle, 3/4" Circle, and Scallop Square Punches.

To order on-line 24/7 click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.