Friday, May 4, 2012

Father's Day Card Swap

This month, I was asked to send in a manly card or Father's Day card. What is a manly card? First things that come to my mind are clean lines and streamlined. But am I being stereotypical? I have to say that it is the most difficult cards to create because I want to put all the girly and frilly accents onto it and I can't. Well, I guess I could but would it be "manly"? You see my dilemma? In the end, I made this:


I used my Digital Studio program to help me created the custom background paper and then layered it with the punched card stock and a couple of staples. It was quite easy. I didn't have to punch each background piece by hand but was able to copy and paste onto one single layer with the digital designing program. I used one of my favorite designer papers (Pocketful of Posies) to complete this card. I think the pieces that I used remind me of patterns that you might find in a tie. Wouldn't it have been great if I actually did use fabric and pieced it onto this card? Another time.

{Project Details}
To order on-line 24/7 click here.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.