Friday, February 3, 2012

Melts My Heart

That's what my little Riley does! But what I really wanted to share was how we melted broken crayons into heart shaped reusable crayon

and made it work onto a postcard.

Riley and I made these valentine's for her class. I thought it would be fun to stamp an image that they could color in and what better to color with than our heart-shaped rainbow crayon. (Yes, she was cranking out the hearts with the Big Shot and even glittered the hearts. Needless to say, we've been glittering pink around our house. Meet the new Pinkalicious!)

To melt crayons and reshape, you'll want to preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Lay the broken pieces into a baking tin and put it into the oven for about 10-20 min. The time varies according to the type of crayon you use. Then, let them cool and harden. Finally, pop the "new" crayons out and enjoy! I found that using the silicone trays were easier to remove the crayons.

The stamp set and glitter are retired Stampin' Up! products, but you could easily redo this project with current Stampin' Up! products. But even better, try the free 30 day trial of My Digital Studio and check out this digital download to use with it to make your own color printables for valentine's.

TIP: The new framelits are meant to be used on a single card stock, but I found out by accident that you can actually use 2. (And when you're making 26 cards of multiple shapes, the more paper you can cut in less time, the better!)

Hope you found this project fun!
{Project Details}

To order on-line 24/7 click here.

1 comment :

  1. this is a great idea...so cute! The kids are going to love it. Ü

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.