Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Christmas in July?

Yes, I'm about to share with you some new Holiday products that will be available starting September 1!

This was my prototype for a swap that I recently participated in. (I'll post the cards that I receive when I get them back.) I say prototype because I realized I didn't have enough of the wonderful twinkling sheets (silver glimmer paper) so I skipped that and replaced with glass glitter for my final swap. I was going to find a way to add my bling! (The photo does not do justice to how sparkly and beautiful these sheets of paper are!)

This stamp set (Festive and Fun) is great for water coloring and it comes in a set of 3 for other holidays: halloween and valentine's day! Can't show you the set (SU policy) until September but if you're on my mailing list, you may have gotten a copy of the Holiday Mini Catalog already and have seen how fun this set is and can be with your creativity.

One of my most favorite detail of the card is the folded medallion/flower. It was made using a new tool (available...yes, September 1) called Simply Scored. It has etched grooves every 1/8" to help you create perfectly measured score marks.  It's great for creating multiple projects or projects with a variety of score marks!

To create this medallion/flower, I took 1 3/4" x 12" strips (2) and scored every 1/4".


Adhered them to each other and punched the center of each fold with the crop-a-dile.


Then, I thread baker's twine through the holes and tightened. Heather Summers, a sweet and talented Canadian demonstrator, made a video on this technique so please take a look here for more information.


Next, I adhered the medallion/flower to the card with Tomboy multipurpose adhesive.

Finally, I needed red rhinestones for the holly berries. But Stampin' Up! doesn't carry red rhinestones small enough you say? I took the basic rhinestone jewels and colored them with a red sharpie! (Another fun little tip!)


It was fun to make and can't wait to share with you more Holiday Mini products!

{Project Details}
Stamp: Festive and Fun (123742-W/123744-C)
Ink: Basic Black, Lucky Limeade, Real Red, and Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink Pads; Real Red Stampin' Write Marker.
Paper: Lucky Limeade Textured Card Stock; Real Red, Soft Suede, and Very Vanilla Card Stock; Silver Glimmer Paper.
Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note and 3" Circle Dies, Stripes Textured Impressions Folder; Simply Scored, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Basic Rhinestone Jewels, and Blender pen.


To order on-line 24/7 click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.