Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mojo 98 Challenge


The beginning of August and a new Mojo Sketch = Mojo Madness!!! Every first Monday of the month, the ladies from Mojo Monday host a sketch contest. They provide the sketch and you create something marvelous with that sketch. This is what I chose to make.




(Card #1)

I think everything on this card makes it feel luxurious and chic. To start, I ran the Chocolate Chip Patterns Designer Paper through the Big Shot using the small polka dot textured plate. Then, I sanded the dots to reveal the white base underneath. Trimmed the paper to 4" x 4" and adhered to the base card. Next, I layered with Kraft card stock (3-1/2"x 3-1/2") and adorned the corners with half pearls from the Pretties Kit. Using the Big Shot and the Scallop Circles #2 Die, I cut the larger scallop from Chocolate Chip card stock. With my 1/16" circle punch, I punched the center of each scallop to add more dimension. For my stamp, I used the "Chic Boutique" stamp set (113744). Inked the dress form image in Chocolate Chip classic ink and stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock (already cut into a 3" circle). I then stamped the same dress form image onto the retired Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper, trimmed, and then adhered to the stamped image on the Very Vanilla card stock. Next, I stamped the "merci" verse onto a scrap piece of Very Vanilla card stock, layered onto a scrap piece of Chocolate Chip card stock, and trimmed. For the final touch, I added the wide striped Chocolate Chip ribbon and adorned the center with a Chocolate Chip corduroy button.

(Card #2)

This is another version of the Mojo card that I made for the Late Night Stampers Group. Their challenge was providing a Monochromatic Color Challenge. Therefore, I colored the dress form with a blender pen and Chocolate Chip classic ink. I then stamped some scrolls using a stamp from the "Framed with Love" (114389) stamp set with the help of reverse masking. I think both cards came out beautifully and just love them all! Hope you do too!


{Project Details}
Stamp: Chic Boutique and Framed with Love
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic Ink Pad
Paper: Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla card stock; Chocolate Chip Patterns and Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper.
Accessories: 1/16" Circle Punch, Circle Scissor Plus, Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2 Die, Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates, Pretties Kit, 1-1/4" Striped Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, and Chocolate Chip corduroy buttons.




6 comments :

  1. I love the wide ribbon...it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card Lisa! Thank you for joining our weekly challenge. Your card is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your big ribbon and fun cord element. Awesome job on the Mojo Monday sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card. Love the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow .... beautiful cards, it is very "tres chic" indeed. I love them, well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.