Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Convention Card Share

I don't know how it happened but time just flew by! I'm leaving tomorrow for Stampin' Up!'s Convention. I wasn't able to complete as many swaps as I had hoped but here's one that I did.


I chose to do this because I joined a Punch Art Swap where I am submitting six different creations. One of which is the Asian Girl on my card swap. I chose to do this hairstyle by using my inspiration from a Harajuku girl.

1. Punch the body using a Wide Oval Punch. Snip the bottom and flip over.
2. Place the 1-1/2" Basic Black Circle (hair) behind the body on top.
3. Adhere the 1" Blush Circle onto the body aligning it to the bottom of the hair.
4. Snip the 1" Basic Black Circle in half and adhere to face. It will become the bangs.
5. Adhere three 1/2" Basic Black circles onto the side and place the small heart from the Heart to Heart punch in the middle of these 1/2" circle clusters for the hairpin.
6. For the collar and sash details on the body, punch an extra card stock with the Wide Oval punch. Trim the center of the oval for the sash and adhere to body. Trim a "V" shape from one of the ends of the oval and ayer the "V" onto the body for the collar.
7. Draw in the eyes, nose, and mouth. Using the Stampin' Pastels, place on cheeks for blush.

{Project Details}
Stamp: Bird on a Branch (113266), Eastern Influences (111628), and Woodgrain Background (117100)
Ink: Camero Coral, Old Olive, & Close to Cocoa Classic Ink Pad; Basic Black Stampin' Marker
Paper: Cameo Coral, Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, and Blush card stock; Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper

Accessories: Stampin' Pastels; 1/2" Circle, Heart to Heart, 1" Circle, 1-1/2" Circle, and Wide Oval punches.




2 comments :

  1. Very cute, I'm sure you're going to get tons of people wanting to swap with you! Have fun at convention. Hopefully I will be there next year.
    Linda H
    Sacramento, CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented, Lisa! I love the Asian girl card! :) I'm sure you'll learn a lot at the convention!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.