Tuesday, February 17, 2015

First birthday celebration (Dol)

Only a couple weeks away till my baby is ONE YEAR'S OLD!!! I have myself in party mode and have been preparing a great deal, which I will share in the weeks to come. But today, I wanted to share the Doljabi.

Dol or First Birthday is a big celebration in Korean culture. The highlight of the dol is where the child is placed in front of various objects such as a pen, money, yarn, and a ball. The child is encouraged to pick an object and whatever is selected foretells the child's future. For example, if the baby picks up the yarn, then the child will be destined to have a long life.

To make it fun for our guests, they will be asked to guess what our baby will choose and then given a ticket to be placed in the corresponding jar. At the end, we will draw a winner from the corresponding jar of the object that was chosen.

Here is what the sign will look like:


created with My Digital Studio 


Here are the coordinating labels that I will place on clear jars:

created with My Digital Studio



{Project Details}


My Digital Class Love This Kit -- Digital Download
MY DIGITAL CLASS LOVE THIS KIT - DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
Price$14.95


My Digital Studio
MDS FREE Trial -- Digital Download
MDS FREE TRIAL - DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
Price$0.00


Embellishments

    _Designer Kits/Hooray For Parties - embellishments/Hooray For Parties - flags
    _Designer Kits/Love This - embellishments/Love This - frame

Punches
    Basics/1.25 Square Punch, 1.25 Circle Punch


To order on-line 24/7 click here.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.