Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy 100th Mojo (Day 4)


Continuing the celebration of Mojo Monday turning 100 weeks old, Sarah Bigelow shares her sketch. I decided it was time to bring out "Friends 24-7" stamp set {113218}. I like more of the whimsical and cutesy bird stamps versus the life-like images of birds so I never thought to purchase this set. Then I received some beautiful swaps with these images and had to get it. Unfortunately, I didn't use any of the main images in this sample but I did highlight the verses.




(click on picture to enlarge.)
  • Trim Chocolate Chip card stock to 3" x 4-1/4"
  • Wrap Chocolate Chip card stock with ribbon.
  • Adhere to Always Artichoke card
  • Trim another piece of Chocolate Chip card stock to 3" x 5".
  • Trim Very Vanilla card stock to 2-3/4" x 4-3/4". (On my card, the dimensions are not exact because I trimmed the card after I didn't stamp my frame directly in the center, which comes to my next point.)
  • Stamp the frame image in Chocolate Chip Classic Ink and stamp into the center of the Very Vanilla card stock. (TIP: If you want it to be EXACT, the help from the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig tool would be great for this step. If you don't want to use it, you can do what I did. If after the image is stamped and is not quite centered, trim the paper to make it look like you did!)
  • Stamp the frame image in Always Artichoke onto a scrap piece of Very Vanilla card stock.
  • Stamp the verse in Chocolate Chip classic ink and place onto the center of the Always Artichoke frame.
  • Using the 1-3/4" Circle Punch, trim the center of this piece out and layer onto the Chocolate Chip frame with Stampin' Dimensionals. (I just love how the punches coordinate so well with a myriad of stamp sets found in the Stampin' Up! catalog.)
  • Layer this onto the base card, stamp the other verse/sentiment in Chocolate Chip classic ink to the bottom corner, and you are all done!

{Project Details}
Stamp(s): Friends 24-7 (113218) and Gallery (113776)
Ink: Always Artichoke and Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad.
Paper:Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla Card Stock.
Accessories:Orchard Ribbon Originals and 1-3/4" Circle Punch.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.