Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy 100 Mojo Monday (Day 1)




A few weeks ago, Mojo Monday turned 100. To celebrate, the Mojo makers created a sketch for each day. Here is Day One. I found this sketch to be a challenge because the scallop circle element behind the rectangular center piece just threw me off. But I managed and like what I came up with.




(Click on picture for a larger view.)

As you can see, I deviated a bit from the sketch although fairly the same! For my focal point, I used the Charming stamp set {116519} from the Mini Holiday Catalog. Stamped the verses in Bravo Burgundy. Then using the Stamp Off Technique, inked the floral image with Old Olive, stamped it twice onto scratch paper (without re-inking), and then stamped a faint watermark like image onto Very Vanilla card stock. Finally, for the bottom scallop focal point, I decided to stamp a small medallion and place a button from the Sherbet Designer Buttons into the center.

I just love the Charming stamp set and FYI, it coordinates perfectly with Stampin' Up!'s new Simply Adorned line which will be available soon! To shop online for these products and limited edition stamps and accessories now available in the Mini Holiday Catalog, click here.

{Project Details}
Stamp(s): Charming (116519)
Ink: Bravo Burgundy and Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Melon Mambo, and Very Vanilla Card Stock; Old Olive Patterns Designer Series Paper.
Accessories: Big Shot, Scallop #2 Die, and Sherbet Designer Buttons.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.