Sunday, January 25, 2015

Gifts

I found this while I was preparing for my next blog post. It was supposed to be posted 2 years ago! But I feel like I can post now.



Gifts can be defined as physical objects, talents, friends, and much more. But today, I'd like to focus on friends. Being a part of Stampin' Up!, I have had many opportunities to meet people that I would never have met and each person that I have met have blessed my life.

Three (five) years ago, I had the pleasure of meeting and recruiting a wonderful woman into my Stampin' Up! world. Yvonne Norman was a smart, strong, and very creative woman. She lived her life without regrets and always seemed to accomplish any goal she set her mind to. She made me laugh and truly touched my life. Unfortunately, she suddenly passed away this month (September 2012). We got together with her family to celebrate the life she had and the memories we will carry with us.

After finishing this card, I only wish I incorporated pink. (It was her favorite color.) But I wanted to give her husband and family a card that showed some peacefulness and hopefully some comfort. And I tried to incorporate the distressing/sponging that she loved in projects. I know she wouldn't want me to mourn but be happy and relish in our favorite pastime and happy memories. She'll forever be missed and our group will never be the same without her.

Thank you Mojo Monday--the sketch that helped me create this card:
{Project Details}

To order on-line 24/7 click here.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.