Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Cherry on Top (part 2)

Monday, I shared with you the "traditional" use of the hostess set, A Cherry on Top. Today's share is an unexpected look at the set.


Instead of using the yummy tops for a cupcake or ice cream, I used the one with the hearts for popcorn. Still deliciously cute, don't you think?

Some of the things that I did:

  • Cut the back piece of the Petite Purse Die for my popcorn box.
  • Distressed the Whisper White Card Stock with the blades from the Paper Snips.
  • Sponged the edges of both the Whisper White Card Stock and the Big Top Birthday Designer Series Paper to give it a distressed/aged look. (TIP: cut the sponges into quarters and get more use out of them.) I even sponged the punched lace border because I wanted to "dull" the red a bit.

Some of the items are discontinued but you can still get the digital copies of the stamp sets and designer series papers. And don't forget to check out this week's digital downloads here.

*Note: the NEW stitched 1/4" grosgrain ribbon and wood-like buttons.*

{PROJECT DETAILS}
To order on-line 24/7 click here.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.