Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to you all! Today, I wanted to share some Valentine's Day gifts we made for Ian and Joelle's class and little treats for my three munchkins. 

Ian's class will be getting Sponge Bob silly bands but we wanted to dress it up somehow. Then, Ian suggested making Sponge Bob out of punches. So we went at it and came up with this:

We didn't have time to duplicate 26 of them, so I decided that it would only be right to give this original to Ian.

It was a combined effort but I have to say how amazed I am at Ian's creativity.
 
{Project Details}
Stamp:none
Ink: Basic Black and Tempting Turquoise Stampin' Write Markers.
Paper: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Soft Suede, and Whisper White Card Stock; Red Glimmer Paper
Accessories:Big Shot and Petal Cone Die; 1-3/8" Square and 1/2" Circle Punches; Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.



Joelle's gifts were also silly bands and a little chocolate bar, but I really didn't like the packaging (star wars with bright yellow candy bar didn't really scream Valentine's Day). My solution was to cover it up with a regular white envelope. 

  1. Sealed the envelope and then cut in half to get two little pockets.
  2. With the jumbo I {Love} Love wheel stamp, rolled it over the bottom section of each pocket.
  3. Adhered the cupcake die cuts(used with my Big Shot).
  4. Inserted all the goodies and folded the top of the pocket over, tucking it behind the top of the cupcake.
  5. For a little more pizazz, I punched the top of the pocket with the Pinking Hearts Border Punch. 
**For some, I even crimped the whole pocket for more texture and dimension.




{Project Details}
Stamp: Gifted (116982-W/120480-C); I {Love} Love Jumbo Wheel (117084)
Ink: Riding Hood Red Classic Ink; Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker.
Paper: Chocolate Chip and Real Red Card Stock.
Accessories: Big Shot and Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder; Pinking Hearts Border Punch; and Crimper.


Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoy the day with your loved ones!
To order on-line 24/7 click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Have a great day.